Tuesday, August 16, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten






I think Wyatt handled his first day of kindergarten better than I did. When I left him in that chaotic classroom full of 21 other nervous and crying kids and dozens of parents he just forced a smile and said "bye mama." And when I picked him up he proudly announced that he didn't cry, which is more than I can say for myself.

The highlights he reported were getting to see his buddies from preschool who are in other classes but apparently have recess on the playground at the same time, getting to go to the playground three times in one day, and thomas trains in the class room.

I've decided to send him with lunch money, instead of trying to pack a lunch every day. I was a little nervous about how that was going to go but he said he gave his $3 to the person and chose chicken nuggets with yellow sauce. He also exclaimed, "You are not going to believe this...they have chocolate milk!"

The day starts out with a morning assembly of the entire school, which was a little chaotic. But once we got down to his classroom where we said good-bye he was sitting on the rug beside his buddy Ben and seemed much more relaxed.

All in all I think he had a good day. Let's hope tomorrow is as smooth.

No comments: