Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Aint too proud to beg




After seeing a "Thomas the Train" backpack on another little boy Wyatt exclaimed, "Wow, look at that, a Thomas the Train backpack. I can't believe it!" A few days later...still talking about that same backpack he'd witnessed...he added, "I wish I had one." Wyatt has finally picked up on the fact that objects such as toys and backpacks are actually products that he can long for. I was shocked that he understood that he could actually HAVE things like this of his own. Of course, after hearing your child wish for something for the first time you have to run right out and get it for them (actually Gammy did that for us.) The backpack arrived as a gift from Malcolm. I was skeptical of whether he'd actually wear it but so far he loves it and even wanted to sleep in it.

No comments: