Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Plain Corn

Last night for dinner we had Jason's yummy crockpot corned beef and cabbage. On being told we were having corned beef for dinner Wyatt replied, “I just want plain corn.” (as in plain corn instead of corned beef) Today when I was reflecting on that hilarious comment while procrastinating at work, I realized that interaction just about sums up most interactions with Wyatt these days. He is told one thing and, regardless of how he really feels, he immediately protests and insists on a different outcome. “NO! I don’t want that I want this!” He didn’t really want plain corn. In fact, he’s never eaten corn and I’d venture to say, aside from books, hasn’t even really ever seen corn. He just knew it was different than (I suspect he thought it was some slight variation of) what we were having for dinner. In either case, he ate a giant plate of “plain corned beef” (our little compromise) and all was well.

These tiny little people asserting themselves in the world is both cute and exhausting. But mostly cute!

No comments: