Friday, April 30, 2010

Birthdayzilla

Malcolm is all too aware that its time for his birthday. It started when he got one of his birthday presents a little early because Giggen was going out of town. He opened his new digger truck and, when he realized that Wyatt wasn't getting a gift AND that he got to play with it for as long as he wanted without sharing it, he became one very proud little boy. He's been carrying around his digger truck with a huge gloating smile on his face ever since. (Of course he has had to share it with Wyatt since then but he knows its his truck and its very special to him.) His sense of birthday pride turned to utter entitlement today when we went to Target to pick out supplies for his birthday party. At first he took his time carefully selecting the plates and napkins he wanted (he chose the Paul Frank monkey face) and then quickly began grabbing items off the shelf and tossing them in to the back of the shopping cart screaming, "I NEEEEEEEED dat! I NEEEEEEEED dat!" Luckily I was able distract him long enough by letting him open the bag of goldfish crackers he grabbed off a shelf so that I could remove the other unwanted items from our cart. I think I better wait a few months before I bring him back to Target.

No comments: